Does it bother you specially when you eat your favorite food or drink something cool or warm?
You can suffer from gum pain due to many reasons like brushing teeth extremely hard, hormonal changes, improper fit dentures, while wearing braces / retainers, fungal / bacterial infection or any other dental issue.
To soothe gum pain-
* Apply cold compress to relieve pain and swelling of gums.
* Use a toothbrush with soft or extra soft bristles with blunt ends.
* Avoid brushing your teeth in back and forth motion, instead use short circular motion to gently massage your teeth and gums to help remove plaque accumulation.
* To relieve pain use over the counter painkillers like paracetamol/ other pain relieving gum ointments or as directed by your physician.
* Furthermore if your gum pain still persists after a week and bleed on slight provocation, it’s best to visit your dentist in order to avoid any serious dental issues.
Leave a Reply