Implant Retained Overdentures
Most of the regular denture wearers can relate to the issues of their dentures not staying in one place, slipping, inability to properly chew the food you love and ineffectiveness of denture adhesives.
Implant retained over dentures can help stabilize, as they are more efficient and have long term durability.
Some pros of implant retained overdentures-
• Help preserve jaw bone, improve your facial features.
• Ability to chew properly, restore diet and improve health.
• Your dentist can usually utilize the existing dentures to fabricate them.
• It uses a minimally invasive technique.
• Better quality.
Few of the types of implant supported overdentures:
• Removable or snap in implant overdentures
• Fixed or screw in implant overdentures
• Implant supported overdentures – here the dental implants and your jaw bone will absorb most of the force and allow you to get a more natural bite, so it requires more number of implants.
• Implant retained overdentures – in this type of overdenture your gums will take maximum amount of force, so here you require a less number of dental implants.