Oral Care During Braces
You are on your way to have a beautiful smile after braces. It can be tricky and complicated to follow proper oral care during braces, but it is usually easy with few adjustments.
How to do it-
• Use a good quality electric toothbrush on sensitive mode or a soft bristle tooth brush which is mild on your teeth and gums can work just fine.
• Don’t forget to invest in a good inter-dental brush / proxa brush, to clean underneath wires, around your braces and in between your teeth.
• To begin your oral care routine first remove all the removable orthodontic parts of braces like elastics and bands. Rinse your mouth thoroughly with water.
• Carefully start to brush your teeth, clean around wires and braces. Gently brush each wire from top to bottom around your upper and lower teeth.
• We recommend that your brush your teeth for at least 2 minutes twice a day. Furthermore to make it easier for you, divide your mouth in four parts and brush each part for 30 seconds.
• Finish by rinsing your mouth thoroughly and check if any food stuff is still stuck in between your teeth and braces.
• You can also finish your oral care routine by following up with a mouthwash of your choice.
• Avoid using whitening toothpaste to brush your teeth as it will only lighten the portion not covered by braces and you might end up with yellow patches on your teeth.