Removable Partial Dentures
If someone lost one or more teeth their option to replace missing teeth is usually by a dental implant, fixed dental bridge or a removable partial denture.
Furthermore a partial denture is either tissue supported or tooth and tissue supported.
Likewise it is available in different materials like acrylics, combination of metal with acrylics or flexible thermoplastics.
Our dental care providers at Smile Dental can best guide you on which is suitable depending on your needs and requirements.
Some Pros of removable partial dentures-
- Less invasive
- Cost effective compared with other teeth replacement options present.
- Don’t harm remaining natural teeth.
- Prevent shifting and drifting of the remaining natural teeth.
- Maintain position of natural teeth and provide additional support.
Some Cons of removable partial dentures-
• There is risk of plaque building up around supporting tooth / teeth, so there is even risk of tooth decay and gum diseases.
• They might not have a good outcome compared with bridges or dental implants.
• You have to remove them while sleeping.